Tuesday, November 16, 2010

She's Watching



This piece is my first attempt at a wood cut. I liked this technique a lot more than I thought I would because making the block is quite time-consuming and easy to mess up, but I love how reusable the block is once it's created. I really like the way this image turned out, and I think the texture of the wood grain visible through the piece is really effective.

I also used this block to print onto collages:




I love the way the paper of the collage can be seen through both the gaps and the inked up areas of the prints, and I like how the texture of the background adds more dimensions to the piece.

1 comment:

  1. Those above four images are insane! I love the wood grain showing through and your use of colour. They present a very dark and sinister approach to me, which I like from a piece of work. They're quite haunting the more I stare at them. I'd really like to know how you did this!

    ReplyDelete